11.19.2005

So I'm not a huge country music fan. OK, I'm not a country music fan, really, at all - except for Johnny Cash. You gotta love Johnny Cash.

Last night a few of my friends and I went to see "Walk the Line". I was afraid that I'd built it up in my head to be this great movie...and then I'd be disappointed. I wasn't. At all. It was brilliant. And Joaquin Phoenix (pronounced "Wa-keen" not "jaw-quin". If you pronounce it like that, I'm just going to have to laugh at you) as Johnny Cash - fantastic.

As a side note, can I tell you how much I love this movie poster? I love that the designer achieved such a powerful statement with such a simple image and hardly no text. Beautiful.


4 comments:

Bar Bar A said...

Traci, I am so glad you gave the movie a thumbs up! Now I know I'll like it too. Like you - I do NOT get into country, except for Johnny C. He kind of transcended any real sterotype of anything.

I love that poster to! Wow, maybe someday I will looking at a movie poster and say, "that's a Traci, I know that artist"

Mustang Girl said...

I am looking foward to seeing the movie! I am a country girl, grew up with it, and still enjoy it from time to time. It is the older country legends that have some very interesting, moving, and inspiring lives! Those where the days!

Bar Bar A said...

I can't comment or open your last post but am very upset to hear that you might have a kidney stone! OH TRACI! That's awful. Is H. around or out of the country? I miss you.

Regi McInfly said...

Happy Thanksgiving

45wall design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger