Drivin' Down the 101*.

3.23.2006

That's right, as of tomorrow at 1.00 pm, I am officially on Spring Break, and we are headed home! Which is terribly exciting for oh, so many reasons. Food (In-n-Out. Krung Thai.). Family. Friends. The Bay Area. And yeah, did I mention that my car is currently residing in California and I haven't driven it since August? So that's where I'll be, driving, driving, and driving some more.**

*You can insert your favorite California song here. I'm currently enjoying "Californication" (Red Hot Chili Peppers), "California" (Rufus Wainright), and "California Stars" (Billy Bragg/Wilco). Herman, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying Dion Warwicks version of "Do You Know the Way to San Jose?".

**I'm actually taking a long drive down to So. Cal to visit a couple of my cousins. Barbara - I'd love to see you, but not sure how far south I'm going...

7 comments:

marmotsm said...

oh please consume lots of krung thai for me...we miss it in Mariposa. And hey, we'll be back in the Bay Area this weekend too.

Mike & Jess said...

I would kill for a Double-Double at In-N-Out right now! Mike and I are so jealous!!

julie said...

I love the song "Californication" from the Chili Peppers. Noa thinks it's funny that I get obsessive about their songs. Now, it's stuck in my head -
....Dream of Cali-fornication....

Have a blast!!

Wesley said...

I know it's a bit cliche, but you can't go wrong with "California Dreamin'" either.

everting said...

traci, just wanted to say hi. i love reading your blog. have a good break, say hi to herman for me! :)

Regi McInfly said...

tell California HI for me, as i won't see it for another 6 months.

Peace

rita said...

if you are near riverside or LA or Orange county anytime before you leave...which you might have already...let me know!! :)

45wall design All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger